NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino narrates the weekly media tape on calls from the previous week, which can be downloaded here. Several unusual calls this week under discussion:
- A Ravens blocked punt recovery beyond the line of scrimmage, as we discussed in the quick calls.
- A Bills punt was reviewed to see if the ball touched the sideline prior to contacting the pylon.
- A Bengals touchdown catch with the process of the catch actually ending in the field of play.
- An apparent fumble recovery by the Panthers was ruled unreviewable.
- A player who initiates a slide in bounds is ruled down where the first body part other than a hand or foot touches. In this case, the player slid out of bounds, but was first ruled down in bounds, allowing the clock to run.