Below are the items that were under consideration by the owners at their 2023 Spring Meetings in Minneapolis. It includes some items that were tabled at the March Owners Meetings.
Tabled proposals from March Owners Meetings
- Rule Proposal 2: Onside kick scrimmage substitute, 4th & 20 from the 20 (PHI) — NOT CONSIDERED, tabled at March Owners meeting
- Rule Proposal 16A: A fair catch on a kickoff inside the receiving team’s 25-yard line will be a touchback to the 25 (Competition Committee) — APPROVED, amended to be in effect for one season only.
- Bylaws Proposal 1A: Emergency 3rd quarterback provisions (DET) — APPROVED, amended to remove practice squad players; 3rd QB must be one of the 5 inactive players on gameday
- Formally consider Saturday Wild Card game to air on Peacock streaming platform, starting in the 2023 postseason — APPROVED
- Via Resolution JC-6: Permit Thursday night flex of any Sunday afternoon game or a game in a “TBD” pool in Weeks 13-17 with 28 days’ notice, no more than twice a season — APPROVED, 24-8 (no votes: CHI, CIN, DET, GB, LV, NYG, NYJ, PIT), for 2023 season only, but will be in effect in 2024 if the Thursday flex is not used
Event host city awards
- Award Super Bowl LX (2025 season) — AWARDED TO SANTA CLARA
- Award the 2025 NFL Draft — AWARDED TO GREEN BAY
- Commissioner Roger Goodell’s contract — EXTENDED THROUGH 2027
- Sale of Washington Commanders — NOT COMPLETED