An abbreviated list of news from Week 6 games.
- Quick calls [Football Zebras]
- Multiple offsetting dead-ball fouls in 49ers-Cardinals game [Mike Pereira, Fox]
- Saints fans are unhappy with a false start call (clearly not on replay) on a 4th-and-short and an uncalled hold on the Patriots’ game-winning touchdown [Gary Scheets, NOLA Times-Pic]
- On a fate-sealing fourth down for the Eagles, the Buccaneers defense gave the Eagles a first down on a neutral zone infraction [Sarasota Herald-Trib]
- Bucs coach Greg Schiano on the NZI penalty: “No, he didn’t line up in the neutral zone. That’s not accurate. What happened is he lined up and then he inched into it, and the question is, ‘Did he get back before the ball was snapped?’ I’m anxious to see the tape. I thought the crew was very good today, and I asked [the referee], and he said, ‘Yeah, I’m sure he was in the zone.’ I said, ‘Okay.’ ” [Buccaneers.com]
- Raiders penalties and a sack led to a 3rd and 48 [Justin Tasch, NY Daily News]
- “Vice President of Officiating Dean Blandino [showed] NFL owners at the fall meeting [a video that] reviews various rules changes and points of emphasis for this season, including the new ‘crown of the helmet’ rule and expanded protections for defenseless players.” [NFL PR]
- A look inside the Officiating Command Center at the league headquarters on Sunday afternoon. [NFL.com]
If we missed something, let us know in the comments below (no more than one link per comment, or the anti-spam gears might throw it out).
Future post note: We will have analysis of the Saints holding call dispute and a Cowboys muffed punt that wasn’t with our Roundtable this week.