The 2022 NFL season is upon us. John Hussey will be working the first game of the first full preseason week as the Patriots take on the visiting Giants in Foxborough, Mass. on Thursday evening.
In the 2022 season, the NFL officiating department has opted not to release a full officiating schedule to their crews, presumably to prevent the information from leaking to the public. This year, referees will be informed of the games they are scheduled for, and will then communicate those assignments to their crew. This will obviously affect the reporting of assignments, and at the time of publication, there are still some blanks.
This is the first NFL referee assignment for Tra Blake, who was promoted in the offseason to replace the retired Tony Corrente. Blake worked as a referee in the Atlantic Coast Conference, the Alliance of American Football in 2019, and the XFL in 2020.
Side judge Don Willard, formerly a Big Ten referee, will get a tryout at the referee position on Brad Rogers’ crew. Rogers will have the week off. He has been noted on this site to be one of the candidates to be promoted to the white hat some day.
All times Eastern. Live games on NFL Network will be blacked out and telecast on local stations in both teams’ markets. (In some blackouts, a game scheduled to air on tape delay game will be aired live on NFL Network as a substitute game.) All games are available live on NFL+.
The 2022 officiating crews are listed here, but note that there may be substitutions from the regular crew personnel each week.
Thursday, Aug. 11
- Giants at Patriots, 7:00 p.m. NFLN — John Hussey
- Titans at Ravens, 7:30 p.m./tape delay, 11:00 p.m. NFLN — Brad Allen
Friday, Aug. 12
- Falcons at Lions, 6:00 p.m. NFLN — Land Clark
- Browns at Jaguars, 7:00 p.m. — Carl Cheffers
- Cardinals at Bengals, 7:30 p.m./tape delay, midnight NFLN — Craig Wrolstad
- Jets at Eagles, 7:30 p.m. — Jerome Boger
- Packers at 49ers, 8:30 p.m. NFLN — Clay Martin
Saturday, Aug. 13
- Chiefs at Bears, 1:00 p.m. NFLN — Tra Blake
- Panthers at Commanders, 1:00 p.m. — Shawn Smith
- Colts at Bills, 4:00 p.m. NFLN — Don Willard
- Seahawks at Steelers, 7:00 p.m. NFLN — Adrian Hill
- Dolphins at Buccaneers, 7:30 p.m. — Ron Torbert
- Saints at Texans, 8:00 p.m. — Scott Novak
- Cowboys at Broncos, 9:00 p.m./tape delay, 10:00 p.m. NFLN — Alex Kemp
- Rams at Chargers, 10:00 p.m./tape delay, 1:00 a.m. NFLN — Bill Vinovich
Sunday, Aug. 14
- Vikings at Raiders, 4:25 p.m. NFLN — Clete Blakeman