Ron Torbert will be the referee for Game 256 â€” the Sunday night game between the Washington Football Team and the Philadelphia Eagles, which will determine if Washington will win the NFC East, or if the crown will be awarded to the winner of the Cowboys-Giants game. Clay Martin is off this week. This post will be updated as the remainder of the Week 16 games are played.
All games are on Sunday and are listed below based on their impact on the playoff picture. Potential (or clinched) playoff seeds are shown in superscripted numbers, with zeroes indicating teams that have not clinched a playoff spot. Times listed are Eastern.
Scheduled assignments are subject to change due to the pandemic.
Sunday, Jan. 3
Games involved for the division title
- Cowboys4/0 at Giants4/0 â€” Brad Allen
- WAS Football Team4/0 at Eagles â€” Ron Torbert
Games for wild card qualification
- Dolphins5/6/7/0 at Bills2/3 â€” Bill Vinovich
- Packers1/2/3 at Bears6/7/0 â€” Craig Wrolstad
- GB can only finish at 2 seed with a GB loss, SEA win, and NO tie
- Ravens5/6/7/0 at Bengals â€” Land Clark
- Steelers2/3/4 at Browns5/6/7/0 â€” Jerome Boger
- Jaguars at Colts4/5/6/7/0 â€” Shawn Smith
- Titans3/4/6/7/0 at Texans â€” Shawn Hochuli
- Cardinals7/0 at Rams5/6/0 â€” Carl Cheffers
Games with top seed implications
- Saints1/2/3 at Panthers â€” Adrian Hill
- Seahawks1/2/3 at 49ers â€” Tony Corrente
Games with seeding order implications
- Falcons at Buccaneers5/6 â€” Alex Kemp
No playoff implications
- Chargers at Chiefs1 â€” Clete Blakeman
- Jets at Patriots â€” Brad Rogers
- Vikings at Lions â€” John Hussey
- Raiders at Broncos â€” Scott Novak
End of regular season
6 thoughts on “Week 17 referee assignments”
Why was Shawn Smith pulled from the week 16 game?
Will ClayMartin be cleared to return?
Martin should be able to return this week, and Smith is in COVID protocol. Will probably know later in the week whether it will be Smith or Adrian Hill again filling in for him.
Hill is very impressive as a referee.
Clone Ed Hochuli. Fire Jerome Boger. I thought Boger could only come out at night since he has been looking like a Vampire lately. and then you have the Land of the Lost Clark who helped the Browns at times against the Jets and screwed them at other times. 100% a Fumble by Darnold Browns got jobbed on that call. Mayfields idiotic 3rd Fumble of the game went backwards not forward plus going back to the Chargers and Raiders game in the last 2 minutes if you fumble the ball into the end zone and the fumbler does not recover it should be an automatic touchback. The NFL needs to make Ed Hochuli Head of Officiating. Someone Gag the Gambler Gene Steratore.
Clay Martin off again?
Who are the referees for the playoffs and is it a mixed crew or by regular season crew?
Comments are closed.