Ed Hochuli is the referee for the Thursday night game between the Jets and Bills. It is the first NFL game to be streamed on a social-media platform, as Twitter has the rights to carry the telecast on their service. Ironically, officials are prohibited from using Twitter for game-related communication during the season, so this will be a first for officiating as well. The game is also carried on CBS stations and NFL Network.
This week also marks the opening of two venues for football: the Vikings will have the grand opening of U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis and the Rams will return to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, their home field from 1946 to 1979. (Both stadiums have had preseason games this year.)
crew is off this week. for Terry McAulay this week, as McAulay is out with an undisclosed issue. McAulay is expected to return next week.
Thursday, Sept. 15
- Jets at Bills CBS NFLN â€” Ed Hochuli
Sunday, Sept. 18
- 49ers at Panthers â€” John Parry
- Ravens at Browns â€” John Hussey
- Titans at Lions â€” Brad Allen
- Chiefs at Texans â€” Tony Corrente
- Dolphins at Patriots â€” Craig Wrolstad (with Terry McAulay’s crew)
- Saints at Giants â€” Gene Steratore
- Bengals at Steelers â€” Pete Morelli
- Cowboys at Washington â€” Bill Vinovich
- Buccaneers at Cardinals â€” Ron Torbert
- Seahawks at Rams â€” Jerome Boger
- Colts at Broncos â€” Walt Coleman
- Falcons at Raiders â€” Clete Blakeman
- Jaguars at Chargers â€” Carl Cheffers
- Packers at Vikings NBC â€” Walt Anderson
Monday, Sept. 19
- Eagles at Bears ESPN â€” Jeff Triplette
14 thoughts on “Week 2 referee assignments”
How does Cheffers gets the Jags two weeks in a row?
It was just a fluke, as he was substituting for McAulay last week.
Why not release the crew assignments each week
Just want to ask why the good crews are put on games that have no bearing on anything i.e. Packers-Vikings—–maybe Ed Hochuli or Bill Vinovich should work that game—-Thank you–Kevin Timm
When will Triplette get fired?
Better yet – how did he get a Monday Night game??
LOL Kevin. Now I don’t mean to insult you, but all games have playoff implications at this time of year.
I wish the complete crews were listed each week as well
Will you list here any substitutions they make per week for each crew as you talked about in the leagues attempt to have the best crews in prime time games and all.
I see #77 is sitting out for a second week in a row. Wondering if he was disciplined for his public chewing out of Monroe a couple of weeks ago or if Blandino finally realized he is overrated!
Thanks, Al, for your commentary.
It’s not disciplinary. It’s a personal matter, and we’ll leave it at that.
OK Ben, thanks for clearing that up. Wondering how long someone would be sidelined after an appendectomy? 4-6 weeks or 6-8 weeks?
Wayne Mackie is a terrible ref John Hussein and his crew really look bad because of Mackie’so incompetence.
John: interesting seeing Mackie worked the SB last year.
Comments are closed.