Brad Rogers will be the referee for Game 272 — the Sunday night game between the Lions and Packers, which will determine if either of the NFC North teams will grab the last open wild card seed in the NFC, or if that spot will belong to the Seahawks. Shawn Smith is off this week.
In this final week of the regular season, two games will be played on Saturday, and the remaining games will be played on Sunday. Times listed are Eastern.
The matchups are listed below based on their impact on the playoff picture. Potential (or clinched) playoff seeds are shown in superscripted numbers, with zeroes indicating teams that have not clinched a playoff spot. All seeding possibilities exclude clinching scenarios that involve strength of victory and/or ties, unless specifically stated otherwise.
Scheduled assignments are subject to change.
Saturday, Jan. 7
Games for the division title
- Titans4/0 at Jaguars4/7/0 (8:15 p.m.) ABC ESPN — Bill Vinovich
Game to clinch #1 seed
- Chiefs1/2/3 at Raiders (4:30 p.m.) ABC ESPN — Scott Novak
Sunday, Jan. 8
Games involved for the division title
- Giants6 at Eagles1/2/5 — Carl Cheffers
- Cowboys1/2/5 at Commanders — Tra Blake
Games with #1 seed implications
- Patriots7/0 at Bills1/2/3 — Clay Martin
- Cardinals at 49ers1/2/3 — Adrian Hill
Games for home field in the wild card round
- Ravens3/5/6 at Bengals1/2/3 — Ron Torbert
By virtue of the canceled game, the Bengals have clinched the AFC North. A Bengals win ensures they will host a wild card game. A Ravens win will subject a Bengals-Ravens wild card game to a coin flip for home-field advantage
Games to clinch a playoff berth
- Lions7/0 at Packers7/0 (8:20 p.m.) NBC — Brad Rogers
- Jets at Dolphins7/0 — John Hussey
- Browns at Steelers7/0 — Clete Blakeman
- Rams at Seahawks7/0 — Craig Wrolstad
Patriots also have a chance to clinch a playoff berth
Games with seeding order implications
- Vikings2/3 at Bears — Brad Allen
- Chargers5/6 at Broncos — Shawn Hochuli
No playoff implications
- Buccaneers4 at Falcons — Land Clark
- Texans at Colts — Jerome Boger
- Panthers at Saints — Alex Kemp
End of regular season