Whistle tweetsMy Tweets
- Peter King embedded with Steratore Crew during the Bears "tornado game" December 5, 2013
- CFB Week 15 Referees December 5, 2013
- Candlestick Park December 5, 2013
- Blandino addresses Tomlin sideline play [UPDATE: $100K fine] December 4, 2013
- Week 14 guesses December 4, 2013
- 12/2/13 MNF Observations December 4, 2013
- Week 13 Observations December 4, 2013
- Greg Bedard: Officiating consistency. December 4, 2013
- Officials' duties on special teams plays December 3, 2013
- Week 13 Photo Album December 3, 2013
- Behind the Football Stripes is our partner forum to promote the analysis of officiating — including the NFL, NCAA, high school, and other sports. Views expressed in the discussion forum are, of course, those of the poster and do not imply endorsement by Football Zebras.
Under review49ers advanced training program Art McNally Bears Bengals Bill Leavy Bill Vinovich Bills Billy Smith blocked punt Browns Buccaneers Calvin Johnson Cardinals Carl Johnson Chargers Chiefs Clay Matthews Clete Blakeman coach's challenge Colin Kaepernick collective bargaining agreement Colts Competition Committee Cowboys crew communication crew conference crew error Dean Blandino defenseless player Dolphins Don Carey Eagles Ed Hochuli fighting Gene Steratore Giants Jeff Triplette Jerome Boger Jeron Johnson Jerry Seeman Jets Jim Daopoulos Jim Quirk Jim Quirk Sr. John McGrath John Parry Keith Parham Larry Upson Lions mechanics Michael Signora Mike Carey Mike Pereira new rules NFL NFLRA Officials offsetting penalties Packers Panthers pass interference Patriots Pete Morelli Phil McKinnely player safety pool report process of catch Raiders Rams Ravens Ray Anderson Redskins referee Ron Winter Ronald Torbert Roy Ellison rule changes rules safety Saints Sarah Thomas Scott Green Seahawks Steelers suspension taunting Terry McAulay Texans Titans Tom Brady Tony Corrente uniform numbers unnecessary roughness unsportsmanlike conduct Victor Cruz Vikings Walt Anderson Walt Coleman Wayne Mackie
Check out where you can see and hear us…
- Nov. 20 • The John Murphy Show, WGR 550/Buffalo (podcast, go to 1:02:40 mark)
- Jan. 30 • Outside the Lines ESPN (audio only)
- Jan. 29 • Piers Morgan Tonight CNN (video)
- Jan. 29 • 11 Alive News WXIA/Atlanta (story and video)
- Jan. 28 • The Beat of Sports 740 The Game/Orlando
Category Archives: Preseason
The list of the NFL replacement officials for the final preseason week is available after the jump. NOTE: The officials that are listed were scheduled to work the games indicated. After reviewing the officials shown in the NFL gamebooks, we … Continue reading
The list of the NFL replacement officials for the third preseason week is available after the jump.
The NFL assessed its first fine of the season for an on-field infraction against Eagles safety Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Last Thursday, Rodgers-Cromartie hit Steelers quarterback Byron Leftwich by lowering his helmet and leaping towards him. In the NFL rulebook, this is … Continue reading
The list of the NFL replacement officials for the second preseason week is available after the jump.
Preseason Week 1: Giants at Jaguars 4th Qtr | :12 | Jaguars 32-31 | NYG ball | 3rd & 3 @ JAX 45 Giants quarterback (wait, let me google it) Ryan Perrilloux completed a pass but was beyond the line … Continue reading
Steelers at Eagles 1st Qtr | 1:12 | Steelers 3-0 | Steelers ball | 3rd & 16 @ PIT 24 | video Eagles safety Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie will obviously be the first player lined up to pay at the NFL disciplinary … Continue reading
It still is summer, and we usually lay low here during the preseason. But, given the circumstances of the replacement NFL referees, we are going to sporadically add some thoughts here about the calls made by the officials through the … Continue reading
Crossing the proverbial picket line is familiar to some of this year’s replacement officials. That’s because the NFL has found somebody that they used to know. Eleven years ago, when the NFL Referees Association went on strike, the league hired … Continue reading
The list of the NFL replacement officials for the first preseason week. Please use the comments section if you recognize a name on this list. Updated Aug. 7, 6:45 p.m. with all assignments.
According to Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times, former Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference referee Shannon Eastin has been assigned as an official for Thursday’s Packers-Chargers preseason game. It is the first time a female has been assigned to officiate an … Continue reading