Whistle tweetsMy Tweets
- Article: Most misunderstood basketball rules March 10, 2014
- Article: Feature on NFL officials from 1968 March 7, 2014
- [MLB] Instant replay used in spring training March 7, 2014
- Competition Committee meeting notes, news, and rumors March 6, 2014
- 2014 MLB CREW ASSIGNMENTS March 6, 2014
- NFL will try 8th official March 5, 2014
- [NHL] Video: Andy McElman dropped in a scrum March 5, 2014
- 2014 Proposed Rule Changes March 5, 2014
- Video: Bob Frederic deals with two wild kickoffs March 5, 2014
- New hires?? March 5, 2014
- Behind the Football Stripes is our partner forum to promote the analysis of officiating — including the NFL, NCAA, high school, and other sports. Views expressed in the discussion forum are, of course, those of the poster and do not imply endorsement by Football Zebras.
- Referee assignments for Wild Card games: Anderson, Vinovich, Triplette, Hochuli (38)
- Patriots get interference flag on last-second play, seconds later flag picked up (26)
- Referee assignments for Divisional round: Blakeman, Cheffers, McAulay, Morelli (25)
- Steelers block FG, scoop ball, lateral, bobble, knock out of bounds. Packers ball?! (20)
- Quick calls: Week 6 (18)
Under review49ers advanced training program Al Jury Art McNally Bears Bengals Bill Leavy Bill Vinovich Bills Broncos Browns Buccaneers Butch Hannah Calvin Johnson Cardinals Carl Cheffers Carl Johnson Carl Paganelli Chargers Chiefs Clete Blakeman coach's challenge Colts Competition Committee Cowboys Craig Wrolstad Dean Blandino defenseless player Dolphins Eagles Ed Hochuli Gene Steratore Giants illegal bat Jeff Bergman Jeff Seeman Jeff Triplette Jerome Boger Jerry Seeman Jets Jim Daopoulos Jim Quirk Jim Quirk Sr. John McGrath John Parry Keith Ferguson Larry Upson Lions mechanics Mike Carey Mike Pereira Mike Weir NFL NFLRA official retirement Officials offsetting penalties Packers Panthers pass interference Patriots Pete Morelli pool report process of catch Raiders Rams Ravens Ray Anderson Redskins referee replay review Ron Marinucci Ron Winter Roy Ellison rule changes rules safety Saints Sarah Thomas Scott Edwards Scott Green Scott Steenson Seahawks Steelers Steve Freeman Super Bowl XLVIII suspension taunting Terry McAulay Titans Tom Brady Tony Corrente touchback unnecessary roughness unsportsmanlike conduct Victor Cruz Vikings Walt Anderson Walt Coleman Wayne Mackie
Category Archives: Preseason
The list of the NFL replacement officials for the final preseason week is available after the jump. NOTE: The officials that are listed were scheduled to work the games indicated. After reviewing the officials shown in the NFL gamebooks, we … Continue reading
The list of the NFL replacement officials for the third preseason week is available after the jump.
The NFL assessed its first fine of the season for an on-field infraction against Eagles safety Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Last Thursday, Rodgers-Cromartie hit Steelers quarterback Byron Leftwich by lowering his helmet and leaping towards him. In the NFL rulebook, this is … Continue reading
The list of the NFL replacement officials for the second preseason week is available after the jump.
Preseason Week 1: Giants at Jaguars 4th Qtr | :12 | Jaguars 32-31 | NYG ball | 3rd & 3 @ JAX 45 Giants quarterback (wait, let me google it) Ryan Perrilloux completed a pass but was beyond the line … Continue reading
Steelers at Eagles 1st Qtr | 1:12 | Steelers 3-0 | Steelers ball | 3rd & 16 @ PIT 24 | video Eagles safety Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie will obviously be the first player lined up to pay at the NFL disciplinary … Continue reading
It still is summer, and we usually lay low here during the preseason. But, given the circumstances of the replacement NFL referees, we are going to sporadically add some thoughts here about the calls made by the officials through the … Continue reading
Crossing the proverbial picket line is familiar to some of this year’s replacement officials. That’s because the NFL has found somebody that they used to know. Eleven years ago, when the NFL Referees Association went on strike, the league hired … Continue reading
The list of the NFL replacement officials for the first preseason week. Please use the comments section if you recognize a name on this list. Updated Aug. 7, 6:45 p.m. with all assignments.
According to Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times, former Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference referee Shannon Eastin has been assigned as an official for Thursday’s Packers-Chargers preseason game. It is the first time a female has been assigned to officiate an … Continue reading