Whistle tweetsMy Tweets
- Article: Most misunderstood basketball rules March 10, 2014
- Article: Feature on NFL officials from 1968 March 7, 2014
- [MLB] Instant replay used in spring training March 7, 2014
- Competition Committee meeting notes, news, and rumors March 6, 2014
- 2014 MLB CREW ASSIGNMENTS March 6, 2014
- NFL will try 8th official March 5, 2014
- [NHL] Video: Andy McElman dropped in a scrum March 5, 2014
- 2014 Proposed Rule Changes March 5, 2014
- Video: Bob Frederic deals with two wild kickoffs March 5, 2014
- New hires?? March 5, 2014
- Behind the Football Stripes is our partner forum to promote the analysis of officiating — including the NFL, NCAA, high school, and other sports. Views expressed in the discussion forum are, of course, those of the poster and do not imply endorsement by Football Zebras.
- Referee assignments for Wild Card games: Anderson, Vinovich, Triplette, Hochuli (38)
- Patriots get interference flag on last-second play, seconds later flag picked up (26)
- Referee assignments for Divisional round: Blakeman, Cheffers, McAulay, Morelli (25)
- Steelers block FG, scoop ball, lateral, bobble, knock out of bounds. Packers ball?! (20)
- Quick calls: Week 6 (18)
Under review49ers advanced training program Al Jury Art McNally Bears Bengals Bill Leavy Bill Vinovich Bills Broncos Browns Buccaneers Butch Hannah Calvin Johnson Cardinals Carl Cheffers Carl Johnson Carl Paganelli Chargers Chiefs Clete Blakeman coach's challenge Colts Competition Committee Cowboys Craig Wrolstad Dean Blandino defenseless player Dolphins Eagles Ed Hochuli Gene Steratore Giants illegal bat Jeff Bergman Jeff Seeman Jeff Triplette Jerome Boger Jerry Seeman Jets Jim Daopoulos Jim Quirk Jim Quirk Sr. John McGrath John Parry Keith Ferguson Larry Upson Lions mechanics Mike Carey Mike Pereira Mike Weir NFL NFLRA official retirement Officials offsetting penalties Packers Panthers pass interference Patriots Pete Morelli pool report process of catch Raiders Rams Ravens Ray Anderson Redskins referee replay review Ron Marinucci Ron Winter Roy Ellison rule changes rules safety Saints Sarah Thomas Scott Edwards Scott Green Scott Steenson Seahawks Steelers Steve Freeman Super Bowl XLVIII suspension taunting Terry McAulay Titans Tom Brady Tony Corrente touchback unnecessary roughness unsportsmanlike conduct Victor Cruz Vikings Walt Anderson Walt Coleman Wayne Mackie
Category Archives: Playoffs
Pereira and Daopoulos break down Super Bowl XLVII Did the Baltimore Ravens Jimmy Smith hold the San Francisco 49ers Michael Crabtree on that last gasp fourth and goal? Did Crabtree push-off of Smith? Were the officials correct in not throwing … Continue reading
AFC-NFC Pro Bowl, Sunday 7 p.m. (ET), NBC Ed Hochuli is the referee today for the annual all-star game from Honolulu. Packers coach Mike McCarthy (NFC) and Broncos coach John Fox (AFC) will be on the sidelines. The NFC will … Continue reading
Pictures of the officials from the Conference Championship games as captured by team photographers. Click on any photo for an larger version and the slide show.
Former officiating boss says officials got two critical calls correct Former NFL vice president for officiating and current Fox Sports officiating consultant Mike Pereira says Terry McAulay’s crew called a superb game on Sunday when the San Francisco 49ers beat … Continue reading
Today’s crew is headed by Bill Leavy. We are live blogging the calls and the officials for the game. Continue reading
Today’s crew is headed by Terry McAulay. We are live blogging the calls and the officials for the game. Continue reading
We ran into a technical problem earlier in the week, but we still wanted to present some images of the officials as captured by the team photographers. Click on any photo to see the slideshow.
Since the umpire is in the backfield, I wondered if the umpire is now permitted make calls that historically fall within the referee’s purview.
Pereira and Daopoulos disagree on the Peyton Manning fumble/tuck rule As has been the case all season, former NFL vice president for officiating Mike Pereira and former NFL official and officiating supervisor Jim Daopoulos talked about the correct, incorrect, and … Continue reading
Boger to be announced Tuesday for Super Bowl We have the assignments for the Conference Championships. Officials are listed with their uniform number, years experience (including this season), the crew each official worked with in the regular season (by the … Continue reading