Whistle tweetsMy Tweets
- CFB Week 15 Referees December 8, 2013
- NCAA Football 2013-14 Bowl Schedule Officiating Assignments December 8, 2013
- Video: Ben Dreith makes the All Madden Team December 7, 2013
- Week 14 Observations December 7, 2013
- Dean Blandino weekly videos December 6, 2013
- Peter King embedded with Steratore Crew during the Bears "tornado game" December 6, 2013
- Week 14 guesses December 6, 2013
- [Amateur Softball] Umpire deliberately HBP, game over December 6, 2013
- 12/5/13 TNF Observations December 6, 2013
- Candlestick Park December 6, 2013
- Behind the Football Stripes is our partner forum to promote the analysis of officiating — including the NFL, NCAA, high school, and other sports. Views expressed in the discussion forum are, of course, those of the poster and do not imply endorsement by Football Zebras.
Under review49ers advanced training program Art McNally Bears Bengals Bill Leavy Bill Vinovich Bills Billy Smith blocked punt Browns Buccaneers Calvin Johnson Cardinals Carl Johnson Chargers Chiefs Clay Matthews Clete Blakeman coach's challenge Colin Kaepernick collective bargaining agreement Colts Competition Committee Cowboys crew communication crew conference crew error Dean Blandino defenseless player Dolphins Don Carey Eagles Ed Hochuli fighting Gene Steratore Giants Jeff Triplette Jerome Boger Jeron Johnson Jerry Seeman Jets Jim Daopoulos Jim Quirk Jim Quirk Sr. John McGrath John Parry Keith Parham Larry Upson Lions mechanics Michael Signora Mike Carey Mike Pereira new rules NFL NFLRA Officials offsetting penalties Packers Panthers pass interference Patriots Pete Morelli Phil McKinnely player safety pool report process of catch Raiders Rams Ravens Ray Anderson Redskins referee Ron Winter Ronald Torbert Roy Ellison rule changes rules safety Saints Sarah Thomas Scott Green Seahawks Steelers suspension taunting Terry McAulay Texans Titans Tom Brady Tony Corrente uniform numbers unnecessary roughness unsportsmanlike conduct Victor Cruz Vikings Walt Anderson Walt Coleman Wayne Mackie
Check out where you can see and hear us…
- Nov. 20 • The John Murphy Show, WGR 550/Buffalo (podcast, go to 1:02:40 mark)
- Jan. 30 • Outside the Lines ESPN (audio only)
- Jan. 29 • Piers Morgan Tonight CNN (video)
- Jan. 29 • 11 Alive News WXIA/Atlanta (story and video)
- Jan. 28 • The Beat of Sports 740 The Game/Orlando
Category Archives: Playoffs
Pereira and Daopoulos break down Super Bowl XLVII Did the Baltimore Ravens Jimmy Smith hold the San Francisco 49ers Michael Crabtree on that last gasp fourth and goal? Did Crabtree push-off of Smith? Were the officials correct in not throwing … Continue reading
AFC-NFC Pro Bowl, Sunday 7 p.m. (ET), NBC Ed Hochuli is the referee today for the annual all-star game from Honolulu. Packers coach Mike McCarthy (NFC) and Broncos coach John Fox (AFC) will be on the sidelines. The NFC will … Continue reading
Pictures of the officials from the Conference Championship games as captured by team photographers. Click on any photo for an larger version and the slide show.
Former officiating boss says officials got two critical calls correct Former NFL vice president for officiating and current Fox Sports officiating consultant Mike Pereira says Terry McAulay’s crew called a superb game on Sunday when the San Francisco 49ers beat … Continue reading
Today’s crew is headed by Bill Leavy. We are live blogging the calls and the officials for the game. Continue reading
Today’s crew is headed by Terry McAulay. We are live blogging the calls and the officials for the game. Continue reading
We ran into a technical problem earlier in the week, but we still wanted to present some images of the officials as captured by the team photographers. Click on any photo to see the slideshow.
Since the umpire is in the backfield, I wondered if the umpire is now permitted make calls that historically fall within the referee’s purview.
Pereira and Daopoulos disagree on the Peyton Manning fumble/tuck rule As has been the case all season, former NFL vice president for officiating Mike Pereira and former NFL official and officiating supervisor Jim Daopoulos talked about the correct, incorrect, and … Continue reading
Boger to be announced Tuesday for Super Bowl We have the assignments for the Conference Championships. Officials are listed with their uniform number, years experience (including this season), the crew each official worked with in the regular season (by the … Continue reading