Whistle tweetsMy Tweets
- [MLB] 2014 baseball observations April 19, 2014
- NHL ref supports young ref abused at a Manitoba game April 18, 2014
- Retirements? April 18, 2014
- Stanley Cup Officials - First Round April 17, 2014
- New hires?? April 17, 2014
- [MLB] Are umpire-manager blowups becoming extinct? April 16, 2014
- [MLB] New book by Doug Harvey April 16, 2014
- [MLB] New book by Al Clark April 16, 2014
- Archive of Officials' Numbers April 16, 2014
- Video: Future/former NFL officials in USFL debut? April 16, 2014
- Behind the Football Stripes is our partner forum to promote the analysis of officiating — including the NFL, NCAA, high school, and other sports. Views expressed in the discussion forum are, of course, those of the poster and do not imply endorsement by Football Zebras.
- Referee assignments for Wild Card games: Anderson, Vinovich, Triplette, Hochuli (39)
- Patriots get interference flag on last-second play, seconds later flag picked up (26)
- Referee assignments for Divisional round: Blakeman, Cheffers, McAulay, Morelli (25)
- Steelers block FG, scoop ball, lateral, bobble, knock out of bounds. Packers ball?! (20)
- Quick calls: Week 6 (18)
Under review2014 rule changes 49ers advanced training program Al Jury Art McNally Bears Bengals Bill Leavy Bill Vinovich Bills Brad Freeman Broncos Browns Buccaneers Butch Hannah Calvin Johnson Cardinals Carl Cheffers Carl Johnson Carl Paganelli Chargers Chiefs Clete Blakeman coach's challenge collective bargaining agreement Colts Competition Committee Cowboys Craig Wrolstad Dean Blandino defenseless player Dolphins Eagles Ed Hochuli Gene Steratore Gerry Austin Giants illegal bat Jeff Bergman Jeff Triplette Jerome Boger Jerry Markbreit Jerry Seeman Jets Jim Daopoulos Jim Quirk Jim Quirk Sr. Jim Tunney John McGrath John Parry Keith Ferguson Larry Upson Lions Mike Carey Mike Pereira Mike Weir NFL NFLRA official retirement Officials Packers Panthers pass interference Patriots Pete Morelli Phil McKinnely pool report process of catch Raiders Rams Ravens Ray Anderson Redskins referee replay review Ron Marinucci Ron Winter Ronald Torbert Roy Ellison rules safety Saints Scott Green Scott Steenson Seahawks Steelers Steve Freeman Super Bowl XLVIII suspension taunting Terry McAulay Titans Tom Brady Tony Corrente unnecessary roughness unsportsmanlike conduct Vikings Walt Anderson Walt Coleman Wayne Mackie
Category Archives: Playoffs
Pereira and Daopoulos break down Super Bowl XLVII Did the Baltimore Ravens Jimmy Smith hold the San Francisco 49ers Michael Crabtree on that last gasp fourth and goal? Did Crabtree push-off of Smith? Were the officials correct in not throwing … Continue reading
AFC-NFC Pro Bowl, Sunday 7 p.m. (ET), NBC Ed Hochuli is the referee today for the annual all-star game from Honolulu. Packers coach Mike McCarthy (NFC) and Broncos coach John Fox (AFC) will be on the sidelines. The NFC will … Continue reading
Pictures of the officials from the Conference Championship games as captured by team photographers. Click on any photo for an larger version and the slide show.
Former officiating boss says officials got two critical calls correct Former NFL vice president for officiating and current Fox Sports officiating consultant Mike Pereira says Terry McAulay’s crew called a superb game on Sunday when the San Francisco 49ers beat … Continue reading
Today’s crew is headed by Bill Leavy. We are live blogging the calls and the officials for the game. Continue reading
Today’s crew is headed by Terry McAulay. We are live blogging the calls and the officials for the game. Continue reading
We ran into a technical problem earlier in the week, but we still wanted to present some images of the officials as captured by the team photographers. Click on any photo to see the slideshow.
Since the umpire is in the backfield, I wondered if the umpire is now permitted make calls that historically fall within the referee’s purview.
Pereira and Daopoulos disagree on the Peyton Manning fumble/tuck rule As has been the case all season, former NFL vice president for officiating Mike Pereira and former NFL official and officiating supervisor Jim Daopoulos talked about the correct, incorrect, and … Continue reading
Boger to be announced Tuesday for Super Bowl We have the assignments for the Conference Championships. Officials are listed with their uniform number, years experience (including this season), the crew each official worked with in the regular season (by the … Continue reading