The list of the NFL replacement officials for the first preseason week. Please use the comments section if you recognize a name on this list.
Updated Aug. 7, 6:45 p.m. with all assignments.
All times EDT.
- Redskins at Bills, 7 p.m.: David Scott (R), Rick Shavensky (U), Ronald Castrovinci (HL), Rondell Taylor (LJ), Steve Stone (FJ), Timothy Griffin (SJ), Craig Burd (BJ), Brad Hudspeth (alt).
- Ravens at Falcons, 7:30 p.m.: Craig Ochoa (R), Oscar Shorten (U), David Bernier (HL), Larry Skarpa (LJ), John O’Brien (FJ), Jeffrey Garvin (SJ), Randy Weissenhofer (BJ), Joshua Thurow (alt). Ochoa was the referee for the Hall of Fame Game, but he does not have the same crew.
- Saints at Patriots, 7:30 p.m.: David White (R), Mike Hannon (U), Ed Schmid (HL), Alvin Thomas (LJ), Keith Norman (FJ), Barry Wilson (SJ), Peter Shafer (BJ), Bob Shoulders (alt), Carl Madsen (replay), Eugene Cunningham (video), Johnny Grier (supervisor), John Schleyer (observer). Our best guess is that White served as a head linesman in the Midwest Conference (Div. III) in 2011.
- Steelers at Eagles, 7:30 p.m.: Mike Shepherd (R), Tim Keese (U), Tom Falcinetti (HL), George Shinkan (LJ), Henry Zaborniak (FJ), Greg Sweeney (SJ), Mark Kelsay (BJ), Greg Maxwell (alt)
- Packers at Chargers, 8 p.m. (ESPN): Donovan Briggans (R), Dennis Angel (U), Lynn Lawhon (HL), Shannon Eastin (LJ), Eric Joe (FJ), Paul Caldera (SJ), Mike Fischer (BJ), Thaddious Foster (alt), Mark Burns (replay), Ted Campbell (video). Briggans was a football and women’s basketball referee in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (Div. II) and officiated at least one varsity football game in Colorado in 2011.
- Broncos at Bears, 8:30 p.m.: Robert Frazer (R), Lemual Hawkins (U), Michael Bell (HL), John Vachon (LJ), Calvin White (FJ), Corey Hendley (SJ), Greg Hay (BJ), Brian Stropolo (alt).
Friday, Aug. 10
- Jets at Bengals, 7:30 p.m. (NFL Net): Jerry Frump (R), Brian Taylor (U), Bill Etzler (HL), Charles Derrick, Jr. (LJ), Tony Robinson (FJ), Randall Beesley (SJ), Larry Orrico (BJ), David Clisham (alt). Beesley, rather infamously, was a replacement head referee for the Raiders-Chiefs game during the 2001 NFL officials’ strike. Etzler and Powell were also working during the 2001 strike.
- Browns at Lions, 7:30 p.m.: Bobby Jackson (R), Hugh Douglass (U), Mark Andrew (HL), Charles Townsend (LJ), Bob Powell (FJ), Kent Intagliata (SJ), Jeff Corley (BJ), Robert Dalton (alt).
- Buccaneers at Dolphins, 7:30 p.m.: Richard “Matt” Nicks (R), Darin Stiers (U), Tony Brasuell (HL), Tony Foster (LJ), Arthur Cook (FJ), Craig Patrick (SJ), Chris Atterberry (BJ). [Editor’s note: We are still working to confirm some names which are blank.]
- Giants at Jaguars, 7:30 p.m.: Jerry Hughes (R), John Petrone (U), Thurman Hardison (HL), Derrick Smith (LJ), Jeff Hopf (FJ), Martin Peters (SJ), Michael Malito (BJ), Larry Farina (alt).
- Cardinals at Chiefs. 8 p.m.: Kent Roan (R), Tim Morris (U), Kevin Akin (HL), Eric Hoffman (LJ), Brian Burkhart (FJ), Dwayne Strozier (SJ), Michael Varner (BJ), McKinney Griffin (alt). Griffin was a replacement umpire during the 2001 NFL officials’ strike.
- Vikings at 49ers, 9 p.m.: Jim Core (R), Glen Bamlet (U), Noel Strickland HL), Anthony Stroman, Raymond Dobson (FJ), Regan Foster (SJ), Tom Wohlleber (BJ), Jim Winterberg (alt).
Saturday, Aug. 11
- Texans at Panthers, 7 p.m. (NFL Net): Gerald Wright (R), Steve Sadowski (U), Thomas Gibson (HL), Michael Wilmoth (LJ), George Trout (FJ), Guy Trawick (SJ), Aaron Schrein, Perry Hudspeth (alt).
- Titans at Seahawks, 10 p.m.: Bruce Hermansen (R), Ali Shetula (U), Rodney Russell (HL), Esteban Garza (LJ), Rusty Spindel (FJ), Mike Riley (SJ), Mark Wetzel (BJ).
Sunday, Aug. 12
- Rams at Colts, 1:30 p.m. (NFL Net): Jerome King (R), Jeff Otterby (U), Greg Nowak (LJ), Derra Ramsey (FJ), Kevin Peloquin (SJ), Dave Hale (BJ).
Monday, Aug. 13
- Cowboys at Raiders, 8 p.m. (ESPN): Wayne Elliot (R), Marc Harrod (U), Kevin Stephenson (HL), Joe Clark (LJ), Richard Simmons (FJ), Lance Easley (SJ), Derrick Rhone-Dunn (BJ), Paul Layne (alt).