Each week, we will try to tally the fines and suspensions imposed for on-field conduct this year. The NFL does not officially report this information; usually a team beat reporter will confirm with the league, so it is a patchwork effort to produce this list.
- Steelers cornerback Troy Polamalu, fined $15,000, horse-collar tackle
- Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor, $15,000, headbutting an opponent. This lead to the brawl that flattened referee Tony Corrente to the turf.
- Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo, $15,000, horse-collar tackle
- Packers cornerback Charles Woodson, $10,000, throwing a punch. Obviously, this was not seen by Clete Blakeman’s crew, because Woodson should have been ejected.
- 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks, $7,500, roughing the passer
- Giants safety Antrel Rolle, $20,000, spearing
- Giants safety Kenny Phillips, $10,000, striking head or neck area (was not penalized during the game).
Current tally: 7 fines, $92,500.